University of Victoria Geography Clayoquot Field School - January 2018
The Clayoquot Sound Field School is a semester-long field school comprised of six intensive, experiential, field-based geography courses. All students will stay at the Tofino Botanical Garden Ecolodge and have access to a common kitchen and living area. Students are responsible for their meals and for transportation to and from Tofino.
Students will be registered in the following classes:
- Geog 453 - Field Studies in Coastal and Marine Resources: Community-engaged conservation. Instructor: Dan Harrison
- Geog 391 A05 - Coastal Planning. Instructor: Rosaline Canessa
- Geog 391 A03 - Coastal Meteorology. Instructor: Shannon Fargey
- Geog 339 - Disaster Management and Community Resilience. Instructor: Cam Owens
- Geog 487 - Advanced Landscape Ecology: Rainforest ecology and management. Instructor: Andy MacKinnon
- Geog 456 - Wildlife Conservation: Wildlife research in practice. Instructor: Chris Darimont
How to register:
Application packages must be submitted to email@example.com before 4:00pm September 8, 2017. Follow the register now link for full details.