The Art of Hosting Active Reconciliation - April 2018
This three-day workshop will be hosted at the Best Western Tin Wis on Unceded Nuu-chah-nulth Territory, in Tofino. Workshop training will increase connection between our members and will be a unique learning opportunity toward activating truth and reconciliation.
In this three-day workshop you will learn:
- large group facilitation methods such as Circle, World Cafe, Open Space and Pro-Action Cafe;
- tools for designing and managing impactful projects in an inclusive and participatory way;
- new ways of thinking about change in complexity and in the context of indigenous and non-indigenous relations;
- deep exploration of the issues, challenges and opportunities presented by this moment in Canadian history, when reconciliation needs to hit the ground running; and
- powerful personal tools for increasing your own capacity to work well across differences.
You will leave with:
- a network of contacts from the philanthropic sector and Indigenous organizational world all working in the space of activating community wisdom in an effort toward reconciliation;
- a familiarity with tools and processes and a commitment for ongoing coaching and support; and
- good advice and design help from your peers on making reconciliation a critical and authentic part of the projects and work happening in your community.
How to register:
See the workshop registration page here for additional details including financial assistance and sponsoring a participant.