Board training: Strategic Conversations - March 2018
Drawing on the Governance as Leadership framework, this master-class will provide you with a strong foundation to shift the focus of your board conversations toward the issues that really matter. Learn how to incorporate generative and strategic conversations into your board culture, gain tools to work towards consensus decision making, and transform the impact of your board conversations.
By the end of this session you will begin to:
- Synthesize and apply principles of the Governance as Leadership framework to your board design and meetings
- Feel empowered to implement meetings tools that support complicated and complex conversations at the board table
- Identify concrete steps you can take immediately to build your capacity to increase board engagement in strategic and generative governance
Topics covered include:
- Differentiating between fiduciary, strategic and generative modes of governance
- Preparing your team with tools to understand and embrace a shift from oversight to inquiry
- Strategies to develop the governance capacity to have conversations of consequence around the board table
This workshop runs from 1:30-4:30 pm and is preceded by a morning workshop 'Critical Role of the Chair' and lunch.
Nancy More has over 30 years experience in business management and leadership and has been bringing this expertise to BC’s not-for-profit sector since 2011 when she joined Vantage Point’s team of skilled facilitators. Nancy has a passion for developing authentic and inspirational leaders and high performance teams. Her work with Labatt, InBev, and Diageo have allowed her to do this globally and indulge in her other interest of cross-cultural working. Nancy is current board member with the Vancouver Fringe Theater Festival and former Board Chair Vantage Point and Academics without Borders-Canada. As a facilitator with Vantage Point, Nancy has facilitated sessions with both Indigenous and non-Indigenous organizations around the Province, working with boards of directors and executive directors on topics related to not-for-profit governance and management.
How to register:
Space is limited. Preregister before February 23rd through Eventbrite.