Ready to Rent - Train the Trainer - January 2018
In this 4-day interactive program participants will learn to teach others how to find and/or maintain good housing, reduce conflict, damages and evictions, and increase housing stability.
Toquaht Nation is hosting this Ready to Rent BC professional training program which quickly gets participants teaching RentSmart model courses in their community. Topics covered in the course include:
- Best practices in housing stability and homelessness prevention
- Adult education and facilitation best practices
- Prevention of homelessness and increasing housing stability
- Curriculum for RentSmart Certificate, RenSmart Basics and RentSmart Landlord courses
- Engaging landlords
- Measuring impact
- Conditions for successful delivery of RentSmart model
Breakfast and lunch included.
Upon course completion, participants will receive the following benefits as a Community Educator:
- License to deliver a program proven to help youth, individuals and families achieve housing stability
- Regularly updated curriculum focused on building the knowledge, skills and confidence to help people find and keep their housing
- Connection to a growing network of community partners
- Bi-monthly Community Educator newsletters and webinars
- Staff support to organize and host your first RentSmart course
- Regularly updated data that can be shared with funders and community
- Part of a growing movement for the prevention of homelessness
$500 Cost waiver or subsidies may be available.
How to register:
Only a few spaces left! Contact course organizers to inquire about registration and cost waivers/subsidies.