Outdoor Guide Workshop - September 2023
This workshop will be a behind-the-scenes experience to learn about leading outdoor adventure & nature programs. We will boat from Tofino to the Cedar Coast Centre on Vargas Island to meet our instructor Marcie Callewaert for a guided walk. Along the way, we will learn about stunted shore pines, edible berries, and carnivorous sundew plants, as well as tips & tricks to lead groups on fun and informative tours.
- 9:00 a.m. - Meet at Dock (630 Campbell Street, Tofino)
- 9:30 a.m. - Arrive at Cedar Coast Centre
- 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. - Hiking & Learning
- 11:30 – 12:30 p.m. - Lunch & beach activities
- 1:00 p.m. - Return to Cedar Coast and depart
- 1:30 p.m. - Arrive back at the dock in Tofino
A bagged lunch will be provided. Please be sure to let us know your allergies and dietary restrictions when you register.
Close-toed shoes are required for the rugged terrain. We will be outside for the entire time, so please dress for the weather (bring sunglasses and a hat if it’s sunny, and rain jacket and boots if it’s cold & rainy!).
How to register:
Registration is required. You can register through Eventbrite at the link below, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone 250-726-6508.