Cedar Coast Family Camp- August 2022
Cedar Coast Field Station is offering this unique experience as a way to disconnect from technology and enjoy some time off-grid in nature on Vargas Island. You will have the opportunity to take part in traditional summer camp activities with the whole family, including arts and crafts, outdoor games, and water-based activities, along with ecology-based programming specific to Cedar Coast. Their programming fosters curiosity, promotes immersion in nature, and facilitates experiential learning.
Each family will stay in one of Cedar Coast's wall tents (which accommodates up to 8 people) and will be served local, organic, pescatarian meals prepared by one of Cedar Coast's in-house cooks. Their friendly and knowledgeable staff will provide you with fun learning experiences and programming throughout the days that allow the whole family to learn about the land and connect with each other. Family Camp will include a mix of programming catered to each family, the entire group, youth, and adults alike. Additional excursions will be available at an extra cost.
- Max participants per group: 8
- Each group will stay in a private canvas wall tent
- Mix of structured and unstructured time
- Explore Vargas Island, Tofino, and the surrounding ocean
- Activities geared toward families, adults, and youth
- Traditional camp activities
- Exciting excursions
- Ecological interpretation
- Arts and Crafts
- Fire Building
- Hatchet throwing
- Species identification
- Tidepool exploration
- Dissecting microscopes
Optional Excursions (additional fees):
- Whale watching
- Sea Kayaking
- Catered breakfast, lunch and dinner!
- Accommodation: wall tents on raised cedar platforms with metal roofs, wooden decks, and attached enclosed room.
- Trained Cedar Coast Field Station Staff and guest educators/artists/speakers from the community and local businesses.
- Photographs of the campers during camp
- Boat transportation
- Pickup: Monday, August 1st, 3:00 pm pick up at Naas Foods Dock in Tofino, BC.
- Drop-off: Sunday, August 7th, 10:00 am back at Naas Foods Dock in Tofino, BC.
Duration: 6 nights & 7 days
Ages: All ages.
How to register:
To register for Cedar Coast Field Station’s Family Camp, please email email@example.com with the subject line “Family Camp Registration”.
In the email, please indicate the size of your group, and the names and ages of the people that you would like to register. Our staff will be in touch within a week with further information. Registrations will be processed in the order they are received, beginning at 8:00 a.m. PST on Friday, April 1st.