Bookkeeping 101- December
DateDecember 03 - 13, 2018
500 Matterson Dr
This course includes four 2.5-hour sessions. The sessions will occur from 5:30 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. on December 3rd, 6th, 10th, and the 13th. Join your instructor Holly McPhail of Endless Wave Accounting for all or some of the sessions. Food and hot drinks will be supplied. Limited spaces available, register today via Eventbrite.
Do I have to come to all of the sessions?
No, but the sessions do build on each other so, for the best results come to all of the sessions.
Who is Holly McPhail?
Holly is a local bookkeeper who is an awesome person, teacher, and bookkeeper.
What should I bring?
A notebook, your laptop, your accounting paperwork, Excel, and QuickBooks. If you don’t have QuickBooks or Excel, no problem. Drop in, listen and ask questions.
What is QuickBooks?
QuickBooks is an accounting software geared mainly toward small and medium-sized businesses. QuickBooks allows users to accept business payments, manage and pay bills, and deal with payroll.
What will each session cover?
Session 1 (December 3rd) is designed for bookkeeping beginners. It coversbasic bookkeeping principles and setting up your company on QuickBooks.This session will address:
- distinguishing sole proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations
- identifying expenses and revenues
- recording debits and credits
- developing a Chart of Accounts
- understanding income statements and balance sheets
- setting up your company on QuickBooks
Session 2 (December 6th) builds on session 1. It is suitable for participants who have a basic understanding of bookkeeping principles (or attended session 1) and have already set their company up on QuickBooks. This session will address:
- managing your expenses - accounts payable
- managing your receipts - credit cards, cash debit card etc...
- entering receipts using handy apps
- Excel spreadsheets and entering data into QuickBooks
Session 3 (December 10th) builds on sessions 1 & 2. It is suitable for participants who have a basic understanding of bookkeeping principles and have already set their company up on QuickBooks. This session will address:
- invoicing and accounts receivable
- sales tax (GST and PST)
- sending invoices through QuickBooks and accepting payments
Session 4 (December 13th) builds on sessions 1,2 & 3. It is suitable for participants who have a basic understanding of bookkeeping principles and have set their company up on QuickBooks. This session will address:
- generating payroll, remittances, T4s and T5s
- using QuickBooks to reconcile your accounts