Board Fundamentals: Critical Role of the Board Chair - March 2018
Join Vantage Point Facilitator Nancy More and learn key strategies to engage your board in achieving its organizational mission. Participants will:
- gain a better understanding of the board chair's role;
- explore how to move your board towards a governance model; and
- generate ideas for a Board Chair leadership action plan.
Participants will learn context and gain skills to lead the board of directors in four core areas:
- developing the board itself;
- developing the Executive Director;
- developing the organization’s capacity for relevant conversations; and
- developing strong external relationships.
By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- apply strategies for maintaining role clarity between the executive director and board members; and
- identify the right questions and conversations for your board to effectively govern your organization.
Nancy More has over 30 years experience in business management and leadership and has been bringing this expertise to BC’s not-for-profit sector since 2011 when she joined Vantage Point’s team of skilled facilitators. Nancy has a passion for developing authentic and inspirational leaders and high performance teams. Her work with Labatt, InBev, and Diageo have allowed her to do this globally and indulge in her other interest of cross-cultural working. Nancy is current board member with the Vancouver Fringe Theater Festival and former Board Chair Vantage Point and Academics without Borders-Canada. As a facilitator with Vantage Point, Nancy has facilitated sessions with both Indigenous and non-Indigenous organizations around the Province, working with boards of directors and executive directors on topics related to not-for-profit governance and management.
How to register:
Space is limited. Preregister before February 23rd through Eventbrite.