Art on the Edge - September, 2022
In this 4 day course for all levels of artists, Carole will help you to find and nurture your own painting style, with an understanding of modern impressionism and landscape art; share her well-honed techniques of mastering Photoshop to demonstrate its use in making good decisions in choosing the right color, value, and composition; and learn how to use the software in painting a landscape that will astonish you with their depth and value.
The purpose of this course is to allow you time to try some of the wonderful ideas that you have seen in demos by other artists in your own practice. The classes are to allow you to incorporate AS WELL AS give you the tools to solve your own painting problems.
HOW THE CURRICULUM WORKS:
Expect your 4 days with Carole to offer daily structure, yet experience the flexibility to be able to work with artists of varying abilities. In other words, depending on your specific interests and abilities, you can self direct your choices for how to spend your day, yet still gain from group class time.
Typical daily schedule:
- Meet each morning before 8:30, have a discussion/ lesson, then leave to go out on the trail or stay.
- Some will want to do Pleine Aire. Others will want to take pictures and return to the studio.
- Lunch between 12 and 1 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m. we will return to the studio for a critique and lesson.
- 4:00 p.m.: Daily closing.
What’s Included in your course fees:
- 4 days of instruction + guidance with your lead instructor.
- Carole’s personal guide for identifying painting locations.
What the price does not include:
Accommodation, meals, and travel to and from Ucluelet.
A final materials list will be sent upon registration.
More details on the course and instructor: https://carolefinnartist.com/learn-art/art-on-the-edge/
How to register:
Reach out to instructor Carole Finn for more details, or register directly through the link below!